At Lafarge Zambia Health and Safety is a core value, therefore we act responsibly and with solidarity across the Country to protect our employees, our business and our communities. We currently have enforced a range of measures to protect our teams and contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Our Covid-19 Measures
We have put in place a range of measures to protect our teams and have contributed to the containment of the disease internally. These measures include:
- The installation of temperature checks at all points of entry in both our plants.
- The installation of hand sanitizers and mandatory wearing of masks in both our plants.
- Promoting a work from home culture to all head office employees and
- The introduction of our existing customer mobile app, to ensure that all customers are adhering to the social distancing rule given by the government.
- Educational material on prevention of Covid-19
- All out of town travels have been suspended
- Adaption of our Health and Safety guidance for all our operations in relation to COVID-19
- Creation of company-wide COVID-19 online resource center available to all our employees
- Group wide webinars for employees on keeping themselves and their families safe
Helping Communities during the Coronavirus
At Lafarge Zambia Health and Safety is a core value thus, the health and Safety of the nation is of great importance to us as Zambia is our home. We have therefore implemented initiatives in our communities in partnership with Local Government, District Commissioners Offices and the District Health departments to ensure the health and safety of our communities. These measures include the following:
- We have provided vehicles branded with Covid-19 messages and public announcement systems, to sensitize our communities on preventative measures via community drives in Chilanga and Ndola.
- Disinfecting public places in Chilanga as well as Ndola and this exercise will continue until we see a reduction in cases of Covid-19.
- We donated to the Ministry of Health 8,000 masks, 1000 (400ml) bottles of hand sanitizers and 1,000 (450ml) bottles of Romeo hand soap.